Join us for an evening of talking SF – books, movies, whatever! Let us know what you’d like to see, do, read. 🙂
Date Monday, January 30th, 2017
Place Perkins Restaurant
1130 St. Laurent Blvd, at Coventry Rd
It would be our first monthly gathering of 2017 and there’s much to talk about in terms of books, movies etc
The next Ottawa Science Fiction Society supper will be Monday Nov. 28 at 6:30 pm at Perkins Restaurant on St. Laurent near the St. Laurent Centre.
As usual, we discuss all things sci-fi and fantasy and often a few other goodies as well.
This will be the last supper of 2016 and we’ll be back in January, 2017.
Wednesday, May 25th, 2016
1130 St. Laurent Blvd
Ottawa, ON K1K 3B6
For those who belong to OSFS through Meetup, you might want to check our page on Facebook which gets a lot more posts etc. We would like to see more of you at our monthly suppers.
Monday, March 21, 2016
1130 St. Laurent Blvd
Ottawa, ON K1K 3B6
For folks who belong to OSFS through Meetup, you might want to check our page on Facebook which gets a lot more posts etc. We would like to see more of you at our monthly suppers. 🙂
When : July 18/19, 2015
Time: 9am to 4pm both days
Where: 4234 Old Almonte Rd. Ottawa, ON. K0A 1A0
– off Dwyer Hill Rd. between Hwy 7 and March Rd.
Contact: Fran 613-256-3726
– 2 boxes of science fiction books all 1st edition Canadian paperbacks of Star Trek and a few other popular series books.
We are holding a two day mega yard sale to support Soi Foundation to help build a new rescue shelter. The items below may be of interest to some of your club members. A friend from New York will be coming and has kindly offering these for sale to raise funds. Proceeds from the sale will be used for this cause. Please pass along.
– Have ads running on Kijiji and UsedOttawa for this upcoming sale with a list of some of the other items.
Have supper and chat
Date & Time: Monday, March 23, 2015, 6pm
Place: Perkins Restaurant
1130 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa, ON
- March OSFS supper
Monday the 23rd at Perkins on St. Laurent Blvd across Ogilvie from the St. Laurent Centre, which is on various bus routes.
Starts at 6 pm. More discussions about movie outings, books and the meaning of life are likely.
- As part of our effort to move the OSFS get togethers about the city to give more people a chance to, we will be at Perkins for March and April and then Colonnade on Metcalfe for May and June. After a summer break, we’ll be back in the west end for September and October.
- Don’t forget the Ottawa Geek Market is coming up and in June, Prose in the Park, Ottawa’s first outdoor literary festival. More on that in a separate communication.
- Grant Duff prepares a monthly OSFS newsletter called The Statement. If you would like to be on the email mailing list, contact Grant at email@example.com
- Please RSVP at either our Meetup site http://www.meetup.com/ottawasfs-ca/ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Monday, September 29, 2014
Place: Colonnade Pizza
280 Metcalfe Street, (at Gilmour)
Ottawa, ON K2P 2P6 map
We’ll discuss possible events for the coming months. We’ll also warm up for Can-con convention the following weekend. See more about it at:
Dear Friends,The purpose of this message is to invite you to a meeting to establish an organizing committee for Prose in the Park (PiP), a new initiative for a major open-air literary festival/book fair in Ottawa in 2015.
We have set up the following website to explain the proposal in detail http://deuxvoiliers.wix.com/prose-in-the-park . We invite you to read the information there. Here is, however, a summary of the project initiative.The proposed PiP venue is the Parkdale Park in Hintonburg (between Parkdale and Hamilton streets and just north of Wellington Street West). PiP will be a tented literary festival/book fair with the main authors events taking place on the covered stage in the park. The date of PiP is yet to be determined but notionally it would be on one Saturday from late Spring to the end of Summer 2015. We hope to attract 2000 book lovers, 60-70 local authors; 10-15 out-of-NCR authors (e.g., from Montreal, Toronto, Kingston, and Perth); 10-18 publishers. The Ottawa public library, NCR-based bookstores, literary online and print magazines, literary festivals, reading series and national/provincial writers organizations with members in the NCR would also be invited.
Venue: Second Floor of the Carleton Tavern, 223 Armstrong.
Date: Sunday, September 28, 2014
Time: 3 pm
Ottawa Independent Writers
223 Armstrong Street